Help Us Bridge the Digital Divide
Our library is challenged to meet the growing needs and inequalities of our community in an ever-changing environment. High-speed internet access is critical to economic opportunity, job creation, education, and civic engagement. It has also supported us during the pandemic, allowing us to work, learn and play. Over 15% of Jersey City residents do not have access to broadband internet.
Donate today to our 2020 holiday campaign and help us Bridge the Digital Divide!
Hotspots can help close the gap. The Library wants to keep the 300+ hotspots available and expand the program to reach more Jersey City residents.
With your donation, the Library will be able to provide individuals and families most in need with internet access enabling them to explore resources for knowledge, discovery, and enrichment.
Help us build a stronger workforce and more equitable society by making your donation today.
Thank you. Your gift helps us continue our dedicated efforts.
Jersey City Free Public Library is a constant.
As a cornerstone of our community, the Library makes a positive impact on the lives of many patrons and residents and will continue to do so throughout this pandemic.
As we optimistically look ahead to a new year, we would like to take a moment to pause and reflect on some of the bright spots the Library facilitated in 2020. The Library quickly pivoted, and its committed staff met the ever-changing community needs with a focus on equity and access. We are confident many of the new programs and initiatives the Library implemented will last beyond the pandemic:
- Developed, produced and delivered hundreds of hours of original virtual programming on Facebook, YouTube and Zoom
- Expanded digital collections on Overdrive and Hoopla, including more patron-requested titles and materials in other languages
- Coordinated with the Jersey City Department of Health and Human Services to distribute hotspots in the community
- Added job readiness resources, such as JobNow and VetNow, which provide live interactive online help combined with online resources to guide you through the necessary tasks to get a job
- Offered a completely virtual Summer Reading Program for children, teens and adults
- Created a College Readiness Team to provide resources for residents working toward goals in higher education
- Instituted curbside pickup and wireless printing to meet need and ensure patron and staff safety
- Helped parents navigate online learning at home by providing valuable distance-learning resources – such as tutor.com, Miss Humblebee’s Academy, Gale in Context.
The Library is needed more than ever!