Seeking Dedicated Volunteers for Our English Language Courses!
The Adult Literacy Program of the Jersey City Free Public Library is looking for passionate volunteers to help with our upcoming English Language courses. If you’ve got a background in teaching, or simply an enthusiasm for aiding others in their journey to learn the English language, we’d love to have you on board!
When you decide to be a part of this initiative, you’re not just volunteering; you’re making a significant contribution to your community. Here’s a glimpse into the roles you’d play:
- Teaching English Classes: Your main role will involve conducting classes focusing on various English language skills, be it listening, speaking, reading, or writing.
- Lesson Planning: While we provide lesson materials, feel free to bring your materials and creativity into the mix.
- Qualifications: All are welcome! Those with prior teaching experience, English-teaching certifications, or a background in linguistics will find themselves right at home. But even if you’re new to teaching, don’t worry. We’re here to provide all the support and training you need.
- Volunteer Commitment: Classes are held twice a week – either in the morning or evening, spanning two hours. You can choose to teach one or both of the weekly sessions. Your convenience is paramount to us, and we aim to be as flexible as possible with your schedule.
How to Join Us:
Keen to get started? It’s simple:
- Drop an email to Eric Trader with your resume. Don’t forget to mention why you’re interested and your availability. If you know someone who might be a perfect fit, do share this post with them.
- If you have questions or need more details, you’re always welcome to get in touch with Eric directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or dial (531) 239-6461.
Take this opportunity to create a change, to make an impact. Jersey City awaits your expertise and enthusiasm.