Tens of thousands of New Jersey children rely on school meals to get the nutrition they need to be healthy and learn. When school lets out for the summer a child's need for food does not go away. The Summer Meals Program, part of The New Jersey Food for Thought Campaign, is designed to fill this potential nutrition gap, ensuring children can get the nutritious meals they need to stay healthy and alert. To help families this summer, JCFPL, in partnership with Jersey City’s Department of Health & Human Services’ Division of Food and Nutrition, is helping to share FREE grab-n-go meals for kids and teens ages 18 and younger. The food served is healthy and follows federal nutritional guidelines. This food is FREE of charge and does not require any enrollment. The Summer Meals Program starts on June 28, 2021 and ends on August 27, 2021. The meals are distributed Monday through Friday from 1 PM to 3 PM at all JCFPL branches. Don’t let summer be the hungriest time of the year!
The meals are distributed Monday through Friday from 1 PM to 3 PM at all JCFPL branches.
- If a parent appears without a child and wants to pick up the meals for them, they must show their child's student ID or report card as proof that they are actually picking up for the child.
- Children who stop by to pick up the meals are not required to show their ID.
- Parents and participating children must stay home if they feel sick, have a sick person at home, or have been in contact with someone who has either tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please remain 6 feet apart while waiting to pick up food.
- Everyone must wear a mask or face covering while picking up food.
Free grab-and-go meals will be available for distribution at the following library locations starting June 28:
- Earl Morgan
- Five Corners
- Priscilla Gardner
- West Bergen
These meals will also be available at the Lafayette and Marion branches starting on July 6.