For even more details on how to use the myLIBRO app, refer to the Getting Started User Guide, opens a new window.
Learn how to use the myLIBRO with a video tutorial.
For help in placing holds through our online catalog and scheduling a pickup via the web, please click here.
Download the myLIBRO app
Scan the QR code
Downloading the myLIBRO app
- myLIBRO can be downloaded from the Google Play or the Apple App stores.
- Open myLibro App.
- Select the Jersey City Free Public Library from the drop down menu.
- Sign in with your JCFPL Library Card Number and PIN.
Requesting a Book
Please Note: If you are unable to download the myLibro app, please place holds on books via our online catalog with your library card number and PIN. For more information on how to use myLibro using a web browser, please click here.
- Open myLIBRO App, press search to begin searching for an item. You can search by Keyword, Title, Author or Subject.
- Select the item from the search list.
- Press hold and select branch/location to place the item on hold..
- Library staff will begin preparing your items for pickup.*Please be aware that holds cannot be filled in the same day they were submitted. It may take several days for your materials to become available, especially if the books are being requested from another branch. Please wait for notification via the app or email that you have materials available before scheduling a pickup time.
- To request staff select books for you, use our Pick My Books! or Pick My Books for Kids! option. Click on Schedule Pickup, and then on Schedule. After choosing your branch, toggle the option for Additional Pickup. Select Pick My Books (for adults) or Pick my Books for Kids (for children/young adults). Select from the sub category (genre or age group) and put in Notes for the pickup additional information such as subject, author, series, or material type.
- You can request up to 5 books for adults or 10 for children or young adults with the Pick my Books options.
- As soon as your item is available you will receive a notification to schedule your pickup.
- Follow the steps below to schedule the pickup after receiving the notification.
Make a Change to Your Schedule Pickup
- Go back to the myLIBRO home page and tap on Schedule Pickup.
- Under My Schedules, you can cancel or reschedule the current reservation. If you’ve closed the app after you’ve arrived, select the schedule.
- Next, you can cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Library staff will check out your items before your reservation. If you need to cancel or reschedule close to your appointment time, please call your pickup library. Items not picked up at the end of the day will be checked in.
- When you’ve arrived, tap I’m Here at the Library and follow the signs to the pick-up area. Please wear a mask while picking up your holds.
- If the staff adds any instructions, this will add a message screen. When you have your holds, tap I’ve Received.
- You can rate the experience and provide feedback. Library staff will be able to view reports so we can improve Curbside to Go.
- For assistance on our curbside pickup service, please use the Ask Us Anything chat service during hours of operation.
Scheduling Your Pickup
*After library staff have processed your request, you will receive a notification to schedule pickup when you open the app. If there are holds on another account but not yours, you will need to switch to their account to get to the Schedule Pickup screen.
- Press Yes to Schedule.
- This will take you to the My Schedules section.
- Pick your preferred pickup date and time slot. Pickups cannot be scheduled for the same day. You can schedule your pickup for the following day.
- If you would like to place a Pick My Books request, let us know your favorites (non-fiction subjects, mystery, romance) in the Schedule notes box.
- Scroll down and tap the ‘Schedule’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can close the app when you are done.