Summer Meals Program
Tens of thousands of New Jersey children rely on school meals to get the nutrition they need to be healthy and learn. When school lets out for the summer a child's need for food does not go away. The Summer Meals Program, administered through the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, is designed to fill this potential nutrition gap, ensuring children can get the nutritious meals they need to stay healthy and alert. To help families this summer, JCFPL is helping to share FREE grab-n-go meals for kids and teens ages 18 and younger. The food served is healthy and follows federal nutritional guidelines. This food is FREE of charge and does not require any enrollment. This Summer Meals Program ends on August 21st, 2020. Don’t let summer be the hungriest time of the year!
The meals are distributed Monday through Friday from 1 PM to 3 PM at the locations below:
Priscilla Gardner Main Library, 472 Jersey Ave.
Pavonia Branch, 326 Eighth St.
Five Corners Branch, 678 Newark Ave.
Miller Branch, 489 Bergen Ave.
Earl A. Morgan Branch, 1841 Kennedy Blvd.
Glenn D. Cunningham Branch, 275 Martin Luther King Dr.
Heights Branch, 14 Zabriskie St.
PICK UP PROCEDURES:
- If a parent appears without a child and wants to pick up the meals for them, they must show their child's student ID or report card as proof that they are actually picking up for the child.
- Children who stop by to pick up the meals are not required to show their ID.
- Parents and participating children must stay home if they feel sick, have a sick person at home, or have been in contact with someone who has either tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please remain 6ft apart while waiting to pick up food.
- Everyone must wear a mask or face covering while picking up food.