The Summer Reading Program is a FREE program of the Jersey City Library. It's a chance for everyone to read, learn, grow, and have fun with the Library all summer long!
New in 2020, the JC Library is proud to present its first-ever Summer Reading Program for Adults! Don't let the kids have all the fun!
“Imagine Your Story” is the theme of this year’s Summer Reading Program, which runs from June 22nd through August 14th. This year’s program will be presented virtually, but we have quite the lineup of interactive virtual classes, streaming services, great prizes, and community challenges to keep you and your family reading and engaged in fun learning activities all summer long.
Summer Reading Program events and activities will take place online. Some highlights include:
• Virtual Book Discussions
• Puppet show
• Magic show
• Poetry events
• Craft programs
• Dance and music programs and much more!
Please note: Registration is required for all Summer Reading Program special events. Visit our calendar to register.
Did you know that this year, the Summer Reading Program offers curbside craft material pickup for children's crafts? The schedule for curbside craft material pickup is: Monday June 29th, Thursday July 2nd, Monday July 13th and Friday July 17th from 12pm-3pm. Find the date you’d like to pick up the materials on our calendar, register, collect your materials and then follow along via video each week to make your crafts!
Register online here.
Branches for Curbside Pick-up are.
1.Gardner Main Library
2. Five Corners Branch Library
3. Heights Branch Library
4. Earl Morgan Branch Library
5.West Bergen Branch Library
Registration for the Summer Reading Program closes on Monday, August 3rd, 2020 and the last day to record books is Tuesday, August 4th, 2020.
Be sure to join us for our closing party celebrating the end of the Summer Reading Program on Friday, August 14th, 2020 at 12:30 pm!
How Do You Log Books Online?
• Click below to register for the age appropriate summer reading program. Please note: If you participated in the Summer Reading Program last year, you cannot use the same username from last year. You they must create a new username. To do this, click on “Sign Me Up” and follow the directions from there. Once your account is set up you can log in.
• Please keep your username and password. If you forget them, you will need to create a new one and possibly lose the books logged in the old account.
• When you are ready to log your books, log in with your username and password. You will see your Activity Center with all of your book information and important messages.
• To log a book, click on “Add/View Log.”
• You can then add the Title, Author Genre, etc. of each book and even add a short review!
• Log each book in separately and each book may only be logged in once.
• Remember to click on save at the bottom of the page each time you log in a book.
That’s it! So, get to it and have fun reading this summer!
All children, young adults, and pre-readers who wish to register for the Summer Reading Program must have their own valid, unexpired JCFPL library card.