The Provident Bank Donates 19th Century Map-Other Items-to NJ Room - Page 2
|The Provident Bank Donates 19th Century Map-Other Items-to NJ Room|
EXPLORING THE ARCHIVAL DONATIONS – The Provident Bank donated books and photographs depicting their past, including a pamphlet describing the murals on the walls of its headquarters on Washington Street in the Historic Paulus Hook District of Downtown Jersey City. From L to R: New Jersey Room manager Cynthia Harris (left) talks to Jean Quinn, vice president of public relations for The Provident Bank; New Jersey Room assistant manager John Beekman (back row); Vice President and Area Manager, Jersey City, Nicholas Cavaluzzi for the The Provident Bank; Library Director Priscilla Gardner; and Assistant Library Director Sonia Araujo, who oversees the New Jersey Room.
THE PROVIDENT’S MURALS – This close up of a portion of one of The Provident’s many murals depicts the end of Communipaw Avenue, where the river meets the land. Communipaw Avenue was the first road in Jersey City, which extended from the Hudson River to Bergen.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE PROVIDENT – This archival document from 1864 outlines the current bank officers and trustees, from its bank president Honorable Dudley S. Gregory, then-mayor of the City of Jersey City, to identifying its incorporation date of February 27, 1839. Note some famous last names are seen, as known from current street names, such as Gregory, Griffith, Harrison, Morgan and Zabriskie.
In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!
Powered by RS Web Solutions