JCFPL Digital Library
Download eBooks and audiobooks directly to your iPhone, iPad, Android device, or other app-based device with the OverDrive Media Console app.
*If the digital library looks slightly different compared to what you have seen before, you may have clicked on the mobile site by mistake. The digital library retains this setting and the only way to change it back, is to clear the cache of your browser.
Library eBooks are now compatible with the Kindle!
Instructions on how borrow Kindle books from the library's website:
- Confirm that your local U.S. library offers Public Library Books (eBooks) for Kindle with OverDrive. You can find this information on your library's website or by contacting your local branch.
- Confirm that you have a library card account with that library, and that you know your library card PIN. Contact your library if you need to set up an account or if you don't know your PIN.
- Go to your local library website from any computer and locate the eBooks section (some libraries may call this Digital Downloads, Download Books, Digital Content or OverDrive).
- Search for and check out your Kindle book selections. When prompted, log in with your library card ID (and PIN, if required).
- Once you've checked out your title, choose Get for Kindle. You'll be redirected to Amazon.com's Public Library Loan page for that title. (You may be required to log in to your Amazon.com account -- or create a new account -- if you're not already logged in). Choose your device from the Deliver to menu, and choose Get library book to send the book to your reading app or device.
Note: Public library books require an active Wi-Fi connection for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. Library books will not be delivered via your Kindle's 3G connection. If trying to send to a Kindle device and do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, you may instead choose to load your library book via USB. Both Mac and Windows users can manage Kindle content through a USB connection.
To access digital materials at the JCFPL – Digital Library, you will need:
**Please note that digital downloads can be enjoyed at home, at work, or when you travel, but are generally not for use on the computers in your library.**
To check out Adobe eBooks, you need Adobe® Digital Editions.
Lending Dept. Closure
Summer Reading Program